- Soak Choley (Chick Peas) overnight
- Once they have become soaked and soft, boil them in a pressure cooker so as to soften them. Take care not to over pressure cook, as that may cause them to mash
- In a frying pan add one tea spoon oil, let it heat. Add cumin seeds, chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste & a pinch of asefotida powder. Let all this fry a little.
- Now add coriander powder, salt, turmeric, a pinch of red chilly powder & choley masala. Let it heat up for one minute.
- Now boil some tea water (half a cup) and add it to the above mixture.
- Add the boiled Chick Peas (Choley) and let it cook for some time, till the tea water dries off
- If you don't want it to be dry, cook the above only for five minutes taking care the tea water does not completely dry up.
- Serve hot with Bhaturey / Naan / Roti / Puri - along with some onion rings, lemon slices and green chillies!
Try and Tell me how you liked it.... : )
Eat good, stay happy and healthy!